It was so delicious that, as I was waiting for Andy to come home for dinner, I licked my food processor blade to get every last drop. Wouldn't want to waste any of that yumminess! I'm usually scared to make soup because the seasoning can be so hit or miss, but this recipe didn't require any tinkering. Score! The only thing I changed from the recipe was that I used fat-free chicken broth instead of veggie.
My humble Mise en place:
This bears an uncanny resemblance to a brain cross-section:
And ready to eat, in my favorie Anthropologie latte bowls:
Curried Cauliflower Soup
Vegetarian Times Issue: January 1, 2009 p.43 This soup’s secret ingredient—an apple—lends a touch of tangy sweetness that complements the curry’s spice. Letting the soup cool 20 minutes before blending helps deepen the flavors.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium tart apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, sliced (1 tsp.)
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into 1-inch pieces (6 cups)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
2. Add cauliflower and vegetable broth, and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes. Cool 20 minutes, then blend in food processor or blender until smooth. Stir in honey and vinegar, and season with salt, if desired.
Nutritional Info: Calories: 104, Protein: 2g, Total fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 14g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 304mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 8g